15/03/19 My Cheltenham Selections

I'm hoping today is very profitable for me today. A lot of my ante post best go off.

1:30
I have been on SIR EREC 10/11 for a couple weeks at 11/10 so i am hopeful of a great run from him. He won well last time out, and beat Tiger Tap Tap who i was on and i know how highly regarded they hold him, and it was a demolition job. If he runs to that he will be unbeatable. However, his price is far too short and my ew suggestion would be PIC D'ORHY 14/1 is 149 rated hurdler in France, puts him 2 behind Sir Erec, Nicholls has done well with his French Imports, in fact he has sent 4 and his stats are 12, 2, 1, 1. the last 2 winners were 139 and 133, so not as well regarded as this fella. They both went up massively in the ratings after their brilliant runs.

2:10
Whilst Whisky Sour looks the one to beat, i have had my eye on a horse for the last week. WESTERN RYDER 22/1 who has been very consistant in Grade 2 and 3 races since cheekpieces have been applied. Today he has 2 things that i thinks are very positve, firstly blinkers are replacing the cheekpieces, the cheekpieces worked ok so the blinkers just may aid him a bit more. But the thing i really like is he has been treated for ulcers. Now i find that once a horse is found to have ulcers, and then its treated, you normally find a horse improves tenfold, because they are not hurting anymore and feel great. I think he has a massive chance and am quite excited about him. I am on at 16/1 and 14/1 and now he is 22/1 - i wouldnt put you off him.

2:50
Another horse i have been on a while is DICKIE DIVER 11/1. I am on at 25/1, 14/1 and 10/1. My only worry is, is that he needs soft ground and i mean really soft ground. But he is an out and out stayer, and won over 2m 4f so this step up will be a massive help. I think he has a serious chance. However, his stable mate Birchdale is favourite, and and is a very worthy favourite, Barry has chosen him and i think Henderson will win the race and fingers crossed a placed horse as well, but which was around? im hoping Dickie Diver proves that he is classy.

3:30
My trends have come up with one name, and that makes me worried that this horse will spoil the party a bit. I cannot name him on here as thats for Email Members only. Personally, i am on PRESENTING PERCY 4/1, i am on him at 8/1 so ew will be perfect, after last year though i really thought he was a Gold Cup horse, i just wouldn't be overly awed by his build up. My other fancy is my favourite horse MIGHT BITE 14/1, the ground is a slight worry, but its no where near as bad as last year, and if he is back to that form, he will be not far away. I think Native River loved conditions last year and they were very much in his favour and against Might Bite, i can see that form being reversed, plus the Tizzards haven't been setting Cheltenham alight. Thistlecrack i prefer over Native River.

4:10
Worthy Favourite here, however i am on CAID DU BERLAIS 7/1 and i am on at 20/1 he has a great jockey on his back, and he is a winner at Cheltenham, the ground is fine too. Stand Up And Fight was spoken in a negative light by his trainer and says he will be one for next year, so im happy to wait. I do also like SOUTHFIELD THEATRE 40/1 who loves this going and is a winner at Cheltenham and was 2nd in a RSA. He could run well for his new connections, as he is already 1, 2, 1 in P2P's with them.

4:50
I am on MAGIC SAINT 9/2 , and got 8/1 on him, so this shortening is good. NOT ANOTHER MUDDLE 5/1 for me is his biggest danger, and i think the race is between the 2. Magic Saint beat Gino Trial last time out and although he is up in the handicap i think he is well in and could improve.

5:30
The last race of a truly fantastiv festival. I am on DALLAS DES PICTONS 3/1 and i got odds of 6/. He is probably too short now, and although i still think he has amssive claims. Favourites have not done too well, only winning once in 10 runnings. Elliott had the favourite last year and it managed 12th and in 2016, where the horse came 6th. My other selection would be COOLANLY 25/1 who has some course form and that counts for a lot here, the ground should not pose a problem either


Have a great days racing




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

16/03/23 Cheltenham Day 3

13/04/24 4:00 Aintree - The Grand National System

12/03/24 Cheltenham