Straight From The Horses Mouth 16/6/12

Some more may be added tomorrow if more become available

Straight From The Horses’ Mouth

Grange Park Racing
16:20 Bath – Celestial Dawn SP
Celestial Dawn declared Bath saturday, long drive for GPR team and owners, hopefully worth it.

Hayley Turner (jockey)
19:05 Lingfield – Anjomarba SP
Anjomarba on the other hand is on a winnable mark and runs at Lingfield. She has a good draw and is a better horse on turf so she could run well in the six-furlong handicap.
14:20 Sandown – Spirit Of the Law SP
should run well in the opening handicap at Sandown. I think this drop back in trip will be in his favour, as will the ground, and Ed’s horses have been running consistently well all season.

Brian Meehan
15:25 Sandown – Ballesteros SP
Five-times-winning sprinter will have the soft ground in his favour as he attempts a first success in Listed company. Came with a strong run to get his 2012 tally going in a heavy-ground handicap over course and distance back in April, but these opponents are of a higher calibre. Good chance in  a tough race

Charlie Hills
15:10 York – Glen Moss 16/1
He travels well in his races and we're confident he'd handle to drop back to 6 furlongs

Lucinda Russell
14:25 Hexham – On Broadway SP
won his point to point on heavy going, and he shaped as if he will stay when coming second at Perth last week.
15:00 Hexham – Tear N Turn SP
The tall mare Tear N Turn ran with more promise last time at Kelso and we would like her to continue that progression.
15:35 Hexham – Crackerjack Lad 8/1
Crackerjack Lad pleased us with his chasing last time and although he is short on race practise the conditions should suit him tomorrow.
16:05 Hexham – Stormion 5/2          
will also like the conditions and has been very consistent recently.
17:05 Hexham – Fog Patches 5/2
Finally Fog Patches runs in the 3mile handicap chase, and while he lacks the experience of some of the others, he was more confident when schooling at home last week.

Richard Fahey
14:05 York – Antigua Sunrise 14/1, Lexington Bay 10/1, Halla San 25/1
If I had to pick one Lexington Bay would probably be the best of the three. Antigua Sunrise ran a lot better the other day but she's got a very wide draw and Halla San will give Katie Mabon a nice spin. I've been trying for years to win this race but it's a tough one to win
14:35 York – Extraterrestrial  9/1 & Area Fifty One 12/1
The owner of Extraterrestrial has got three runners on the day and he's one of them in the ladbrokes.com Handicap. The horse is in good order, he ran a good race at Ripon the other day and won't mind the ground. He's getting a bit long in the tooth but he's still competitive. I would be a little bit surprised, though, were he to win a good York handicap at his age but you never know.
Area Fifty One also runs there but is becoming frustrating. I want some decent ground for him and he's quite a stocky horse that needs racing, he works a lot at home. I've been led to believe he doesn't like soft ground but I'm going to find out for myself. If he acts on it he'll run a big race, but I'm very worried about it.
16:45 York – Cash Is King SP, Unsinkable SP, Orions Hero SP
I run Cash Is King, Unsinkable and Orions Hero in the Reg Griffin Appreciation E.B.F. Maiden Stakes They are three real nice colts, I like them all, but I couldn't tell you which one will run in front of which! It's getting to the stage where I've got to run my two-year-olds and they are big, nice horses that will train on into nice three-year-olds. They are three horses that will definitely win races and if one of them managed to win this I'd be delighted. I couldn't split them though.
That said I have to and I'll put Cash Is King up as my each-way Sky Bet charity bet as he could represent a bit of value.
17:15 York – Jedward 14/1
Jedward disappointed in the claimer last time, Franny Norton thought she was lame and more or less pulled her up but she's fine. The more rain she gets the better but I have to say I've been a fraction disappointed with her. With a bit of luck she might bounce back and do something for us in the Charles Henry Memorial Handicap.
16:30 Sandown – Our Boy Jack 4/1
Trip, ground, everything will suit Our Boy Jack in the Betfred Double Delight On The Euros Handicap at Sandown. The only thing is he's been quite busy so I hope he's okay, but he'd have a chance. The right horse beat him the other day so everybody knows our form. If they make him favourite he'd have a chance.
19:15 Leicester – Boom and Bloom SP
Boom and Bloom ran a good, solid race for us first time, I was surprised a little bit actually. She's a very genuine filly who tries very hard and she ran a good race last time. I am worried about the ground for her in the Free Racing Post Form At totepool.com Maiden Fillies' Stakes as it could be extremely heavy but if she goes in it she'll run a big race. I'm sure in time she'll be running over seven and I'm expecting her to finish her race well.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

16/03/23 Cheltenham Day 3

13/04/24 4:00 Aintree - The Grand National System

12/03/24 Cheltenham