03/06/17 The Derby 4:30 Epsom - System


1st Cracksman5/1 - 135
2nd Venice Beach 12/1 - 125
3rd Permian 11/1 - 100
4th Crowned Eagle 50/1 - 75
4th Pealer 200/1 - 75
5th Cliffs of Moher 5/1 - 70

By now everyone knows I have backed Cracksman at 40/1 and Cliffs Of Moher at 33/1, and I hope some people followed when I told you last year. I think both will go well and I will certainly get a run for my money.

So I am pleased Cracksman came top, bit surprised Cliffs Of Moher was that far down the list. But I do like Venice Beach at a nice ew price.

Cracksman won the Derby Trial here at Epsom, and for me Course form is everything. Permian was second to him. It was very close that day and Permian has won since and we have no worries that Permian will get the distance, but we do not know if Frankel's offspring are really bred to stay, the only offspring of his to run over 1m 4f has actually won, so it looks promising.

Venice Beach was not really a surprise to be honest, I quite like him. He won the Chester Vase at Chester and I think that Chester is a great horse form horses heading to Epsom. Ruler Of The World was the last of AOB's horses to do this successfully though. He has had 10 runners going down that route.

Permian has a great ew chance at a nice price.

One stat to look at is that the last 19 winners all came 1st, 2nd or 3rd in their previous race. 15 of those came 1st. So preferably the horse you will need to look at won last time out.

My Selection: Cracksman 5/1 (Venice Beach 12/1 ew)




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

16/03/23 Cheltenham Day 3

13/04/24 4:00 Aintree - The Grand National System

12/03/24 Cheltenham